How EMEND works
2 parts of your body play a role in nausea and vomitingyour stomach and your brain
EMEND is a preventive medicine that helps block nausea and vomiting signals from the brain.
- EMEND is always taken with other preventive medicines, including a 5-HT3 antagonist and a corticosteroid.
- As you can see in the diagram below:
- EMEND helps block nausea and vomiting signals from the brain.
- A 5-HT3 antagonist blocks nausea and vomiting signals from the stomach.
Blocking nausea and vomiting signals from both the brain and stomach can provide more complete prevention
The only NK1 antagonist: EMEND
- Aloxi (palonosetron)
- Kytril (granisetron)
- Sancuso (granisetron transdermal system)
- Zofran (ondansetron)
More complete prevention starts by including EMEND with other anti–nausea and vomiting medicines.
If you have any questions about how EMEND works, ask your health care team.NEXT > How to take EMEND